Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 21 & 22

The new day started real early with a call from B, as usual. "Yea, I can be there for 5am. No, don't bother with calling Vi too. I'll just go and wake her up."

"I need her to get some info from our new photographer. I had to fire Jake for not showing up or calling in."  I barely listened as B went on about a double shoot and being behind. I knew what she didn't. That Jake was never going to show up or call in again.

When I hung up, all I could think about was how Derek had snuffed out Jake's life without so much as a blink.

Despite everything Jake had done ... some part of me had still been in love with him! And that part hurt and hated Derek for taking him away. I tried to pull in my emotions as I walked across the hall to Vi's room.

I was kind of surprised to actually see both Vi and Jacq were both sound asleep. I never even heard them come in. I reached over and gently shook Vi awake.

"I'm sorry I had to wake you, Vi." I whispered. "But B called and needs both of us there early." Vi got up and looked at me questioningly. "Are we not going to talk about ..." her voice trailed off. "No, please don't mention last night. Let's just focus on today and go from there. What am I going to do about my eye. B is gonna flip."

"OK, we'll let the whole Jake issue drop for now." Vi tilted my head from side to side. "I have a trick I can show you that will completely mask that black eye. First, you have to..."


We both were quiet and contemplative the whole drive out to the shoot location.

And as soon as we arrived, the new photographer, Adam, was ready to get started. He explained what he was looking for and B made comments on things she wanted to see. I felt numb to the world and just followed along.

But once we got started really working, I let my mind focus on only the photo I was taking.

Adam changed angles...

...ideas...

....positions....

14 hours later, i was told we had ANOTHER shoot to do.

I rolled with it and did a quick change. I headed to the barn where they had changed one of the horse stalls into what appeared to be a workout room.

I was to be performing Tai Chi. A solitary endeavor and I was to appear focused.

After a few lighting adjustments, this one went rather quickly. I was beat by the time Adam and B called it done with this one. I grabbed Vi and went straight home. I didn't wake until almost noon the next day!

I was on my way out the door when Vi stopped me. "What are your plans now, Lace?" We had spent time inside discussing Jake, Derek, cosmic balance, and other necessities. I had expressed a need to just get away. "I'm not sure yet."

"You know, you haven't taken your trip to France that you won from Colours. You should seriously consider going." And with that, she walked back into the house and out of the hot sun.

But the wheels had already started to turn.

I pulled out my cell phone right then and there and booked the first flight to France!

  


1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...old school GJWHF entries! :) I'm glad to see Lacey back...I missed her!

    ReplyDelete