Friday, June 24, 2011

France Day 1

B was a big help in getting this trip set up so quickly. She said it would be great for me to relax while we waited on scores from the previous pictures. Unfortunately, I couldn't choose my own hotel. The agency I won the trip from had an established boarding house where everyone stayed.

"Bonjour, welcome to France! My name is Roarke, and I have been charged, by B herself, to keep an eye on you and show you around."

"Are you tired? Perhaps you would like time to rest and get settled in, no?" I was in a daze! It still seem unreal to me that I was in another country. Perhaps it was jet lag but I didn't want to waste a moment.

I gave a nervous chuckle, "Actually, I slept a lot on the plane. I was thinking maybe a quick look around town or something before night fall would be nice." Roarke laughed, "The town? No, no, no. The winery? Yes, that is where we will start. You will like it. Come, we will take the limo."

I could already feel the cares that had held me down for so long, start to slide off my shoulders. I was free once again. And I was going to not let worries intrude on my precious time.

The winery was beautiful on the outside. But I was filled with awe when I entered and saw the walls filled with racks of wine! As I started to browse the racks, I got distracted by the excited chatter of the others around me. But I couldn't understand what they were saying!

"You have everyone all worked up, mon petit. It is rare for someone of your fame to visit our little town." I watched as Roarke expertly poured wine into some glasses. He looked over at me. "For you, au gout. To taste." I smiled and nodded.

But before I could follow him, I was stopped by a girl who spoke halting English. She wanted my autograph! As I was signing her picture of my beach party, a woman began snapping my picture. Paparazzi?! Roarke came to my rescue and pulled me into a small room with a big machine in it.

We sat and talked while a woman brought us glass after glass of different wines. "So, you are one of B's models, too?" I was feeling kind of floaty and light-headed. The world seemed to be moving in slow motion ... and I liked the feeling! "Yes, but only on certain assignments. She rarely travels out of country anymore." I had almost forgot what I had asked him!

"B had said you were going through a rough patch with your copain. Do you mind me asking what happened?" I giggled, "Copain? ... Oh, you mean boyfriend." I giggled some more. Everything just seemed so funny. "He was evil! He cheated on me with another model then ... it ended." My happy feeling was starting to drift away as thoughts of Jake and Derek filtered into my mind.

Roarke pushed another glass into my hand. "No use letting old memories bring you down." As I was gingerly sipping yet another glass of wine, Roarke suddenly jumped to his feet. The paparazzi had found us!

We headed down some stairs to another section of the winery. Once again the wine was taking effect and I nearly stumbled down the stairs! Roarke was constantly at my elbow with another glass or a bottle to refill the one I held.

I let loose and really started to have some fun. I started dancing to the radio and encouraging the others with us to dance too.

I even started getting crazy with some of my fans and posing all silly for their pictures. I'm pretty sure some of them ended up on Facebook. Roarke approached me. "It is getting late, mon petit. I need to get you home." I leaned against him heavily, "Yes, take me home."

The limo ride home was somewhat sobering, but I had already decided to be as wild as possible. At the entrance to the house, I threw myself at Roarke. "Come inside with me, Roarke. Show me all about french lovers." He tried to pull my arms from around him. "No, Lacey. You are quite drunk. I have no wish for you to have regrets come morning." So I did what any woman would do when she was being rejected...

I kissed Roarke with all the gusto I could muster! 

And it worked! Roarke scooped me up into his arms and, despite the many onlookers, carried me up the stairs to the room I was staying in.

The rest of the night needed no words.


























No comments:

Post a Comment