Sunday, July 3, 2011

France Day 2

I was pulled from a peaceful sleep by Roarke's steady stream of French. I had a moment of awkwardness. I wasn't exactly used to this kind of thing.

"Feeling awkward, cherie?" I nodded slightly as he embraced me. "There is no need. I understand you needed me and I was glad to have been there for you as well. Come, do not be shy." He leaned in and softly kissed my lips. "Who was on the phone?" I asked as he slid his hands down my arms.

"It was B. She always seems to wake me from my sleep. She has news about your ... eh, comp, is it? Oui, comp. She has faxed your scores to the local bookstore for you to pick up." I was thrilled they had finally come in. But I really wasn't ready to share all my hopes with Roarke.

"Do you think you can give me directions?" I asked him. "Would you not rather I show you myself?" I felt myself begin to cave.

"Non, you are right. You should be alone for this journey. France is a wonderful place to find oneself." His comment surprised me. It was almost as if he could read my mind. "Thank you for understanding, Roarke."

He suddenly leaned in and kissed me. It was completely unexpected! "I shall have them send up breakfast for us and prepare a map for you. But first..." He pulled me into his grip and slowly backed me up to the bed.

Two hours later, I was finally off to the bookstore to pick up the fax that B had sent.

I found the bookstore with no problems. "Excuse me? My name is ..." I was quickly cut off. "Oh, I know who you are. You are Lacey Thibedeaux, that famous American model. I have a fax for you behind my desk." Wow, she was so eager to help me. But before I could even turn around I heard a shout from the doorway.

This sweet teenage girl rushed me with an pen and paper, begging for an autograph. When a young man walked in, he quickly joined in by asking for a photo. It was almost an hour before the people cleared out and I could get my fax!

Hope this finds you well rested. Have plans for the final photo shoot in the works. Scores are as follows: Tied for 5th, 136/150 for vehicle assignment. Tied for 5th, 138/150 for hobby assignment.  I need you to really push with this last one.     B  
After reading those scores and just sensing B's disappointment, I slowly walked out of the store and just began to meander around town.

Despite my obvious fame in this rural town, I really felt like my career was a bust.

I had started out looking for something to pass the time. Now modeling was my whole life.

I missed the quiet and simple. I missed living for me.

 I hated myself for not following through on my true lifetime want.

I wanted the joy of living back.

As the evening slowly drew to a close, I found myself on a lonely bridge that had a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower. I realized that was what I felt like. This beautiful thing everyone wanted to see but that was untouchable. I wanted to be real, to live the way I was meant to. I wanted ... to give up modeling!

I felt a sense of peace fill me. I turned back towards where I was staying. I was so preoccupied with planning my next move, I almost ran right into Roarke.

"I was beginning to worry about you, you were gone so long!" I shifted a bit, "I had some thinking I wanted to do." He quickly shook his head. "It does not matter anymore, we are almost late. Quickly, let us go."

"Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean? Where are we going?" He smiled as he took my hand and brought it to his lips, "Why, to the Eiffel Tower, of course."

Finale Photo Shoot
That night, as Roarke lay in bed sleeping, I spent time planning...

... and dreaming.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens next. I love Lacey, and I hope she gets to achieve true happiness, even if she IS a very lovely model. :)

    ReplyDelete