Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 16 (part 2)

I think my brain was numb from all the facts being thrown at me. I think I have finally wrapped my mind around being in the middle of a vamp feud of some sort. My best-friend's girlfriend is my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend who refused to change him into a vamp. In his fury, he tried to get his ex-girlfriend's new lover (who is my best-friend) to change him but was prevented by Derek, who seems to be in a position of authority.

Jake was totally OK with how things went down after Derek explained things to him. And now, six years later, I have stirred things up by dating Jake and being friends with Vi. Apparently, I have all the luck.

I stopped at the top of the stairs as I registered the fact that Jake's motorcycle was parked under the carport. I thought B was having trouble getting in touch with Jake. Maybe he was already set up and waiting!

No, the studio door would be open. He always props it open when he starts to set up. Then I heard a soft, feminine giggle. It was coming from B's bedroom.

 Female voice: "I bet she pictured little hearts filling the room as you two were together. She is so naive."
Male voice: "Liz, don't be a witch. I admit I got a little frustrated but it was sweet. I forgot how much work was involved with seducing innocents. You do remember your first time, right? Or was it that long ago?"
Lizzy: "Jake, you beast! You know I am as pure as a freshly fallen snow."
Jake: "Yeah, and I'm Santa Claus."

This couldn't be happening! Jake was in the bedroom with Lizzy. And they were talking about ME!
Lizzy: "I guess Ol' Saint Nick wouldn't need to know Beau's answer, then."
Jake: "Don't play, Liz. Did he agree? Can I finally shuck these mortal chains and live a life free from bondage?"

Lizzy: "Mmm, bondage. I love it when you talk like that."
Jake: "LIZ! Answer me!"
Lizzy: "Yes, but you have to swear loyalty to only him."
Jake: "Then it will be done."

Lizzy: "And I shall be your queen, loyal only to you ... and Beau, of course."
Jake: "You know it. I can almost taste your blood. I will bite you ... right here."
Lizzy: "Mmm, yes. Do it again, Jake."

Jake: "My teeth shall sink in..."
Lizzy: "Mmm. Oh, yes. And you won't have to pretend interest in Vi's little friend anymore."

My whole world shattered at Lizzy's words. I must have made a noise because they both jumped and looked at me. Jake was off the bed in a flash. "Lace, what are you doing here?"

My heart was breaking and my life was in ruins. And HE wanted to know what I was doing here?! "I'm here to watch you screw the model who meant nothing to you, Jake!" My hurt turned into anger as I watched him fein remorse at his actions.

"You leave MY bed to jump into another wth HER?! You are a pig! A swine! A.." My tirade was interrupted by Lizzy's harsh laugh.

"You accuse him of being a pig when all he did was give you what you wanted. You were practically begging him to take your innocence." I threw my hands up as she stepped closer.

"And let me tell you something, Sweetie. You should be grateful he even gave you a chance." Lizzy's sarcasm was like salt on my open wounds.

"Grateful?! To have been used and tossed aside like an old newspaper?!" I shouted back.

"You know nothing! Being with Jake is an honor you will not likely forget! He is in negotiations that will make him so powerful, even ..."

"Enough!!" Lizzy was cut off by Jake's harsh command. "Lizzy, get your stuff and leave, now. I need to ... talk with Lacey." My heart froze at the malice I heard in Jake's words.

Jake spoke quietly to Lizzy as I watched from across the room. He looked over at me as he kissed her forehead and sent her out the room. "Now, I want the truth, Lace. What did you hear?" He was slowly walking towards me with a predatory look in his eye. I was afraid of what he would do if I told him I knew about his plans so I lied. 

"Lizzy's moans as you did to her what you did to me last night." Fear pulled at me as he lightly touched my hair. Only hours before, the same action had filled me with love. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I do care for you, Lacey. But I am not one to be tied down." I made a derisive noise and Jake smiled. Only now I found it to be haunting. "I guess that means you are ending our relationship. Too bad, you had SO much more to learn." His jab went straight into my heart and I felt like dieing.

Keeping my head high, I turned to leave. "Why did you come over this morning, Lace?" He called out to me. "B is on her way over with an extra to start an early shoot. I'm off to wardrobe. See you in 30." It was petty, but I took pleasure in hearing him swear and shuffle to get dressed.

I made small take with Henry (the Jake Gyllenhaal look-a-like) and tried to ignore B ripping into Jake. "I give you leave to use my place when you are in RIverview, Jake. But not to use my models as your own personal harem!" I still had not found the time to share what i knew with Vi. I was still torn on wether I should or not. If Jake found out I knew more than I let on...I'm not sure what he would do.

Hearing Jake's voice still sent shivers down my spine. How did I get myself into this mess in the first place? The rest of the shoot was stiff. B stayed on to supervise, something she doesn't normally do. After the shoot was done, I escaped into the bathroom for a few minutes.


 




I finally wound down. I was just splashing water on my face when Vi knocked on the door.

"Oh, Sweetie ... Wow. Your face is really puffy." I started to giggle as Vi wet a small towel in the sink. "Thanks, Vi, you always know just how to make me feel better." She smiled and handed me the cold towel. "I'm sorry. I heard throught the grapevine about you walking in on Jake and Lizzy." I looked up at her. "Did you know?" I could tell she knew I was asking about Jake seeing Lizzy. "Yeah." She sighed. I put the towel against my eyes. "He's the one who told B about her. I figured there was a reason he had been angling to get her a job." I pulled the towel away. "Why didn't you tell me?" She took the towel and washed rinsed it again. "I wanted to believe that Jake was serious about you. I thought you could tame him. I guess I was mistaken. Sad that I took up for him when Jacq wanted to report him to Derek. Do you want me to drive you home." I shook my head. "No, the drive will clear my head a bit."

I had just parked the car in the garage and was heading to the front door when I noticed a reporter on the porch. He probably wanted confirmation on the juicy story that was going around today. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

The thing about fame is that you always have a feeling of being watched. But i made it inside without incident.

I stopped by Vi's door but I didn't hear anything. I wonder if she went to bed or was out with Jacq. I wasn't in the mood for company anyway.

Once in my room, I looked at the bed where I had given myself to a total stranger. Where do I go from here? 



 

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww....Lacey!!! :-( My heart breaks for her, she's so sweet and naive!

    ReplyDelete