Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 18

.....

Strange dream! And as if I am not already freaked out enough about meeting a head vamp. Or is he a Lord? Or maybe they have Kings? Nah, too archaic. Ugh, I had to stop talking to myself and get dressed!

I opened my drawer and pondered what to wear. With Jake being there, I wanted to look perfect. Professional yet casual?  My mind worked through scenarios of how I would greet him. Everyone one of them required me slapping him in the face! Not professional.

I finally decided on an outfit and headed out my door. I was startled to see Vi still in her evening wear. They had dropped me off hours ago with plans to stay at Jacq's. "Hey, Vi!" I called out, "Why are you still all dressed up?"

She walked over. "I thought you were staying at Jacq's?" The look she gave me was hilarious. "B called. Paparazzi are all over the whole 'Models Feud over Photographer' thing. She wants to use the publicity for the next round of competition. I think it's a bold move but I trust B knows what she's doing."

"I don't get it. How's is she going to use my misery for good?" Vi looked uncomfortable. "I don't mean to downplay your feelings, Lace. You have to understand that B is all about the modeling and that's it. After she saw the photos of us arriving at Plasma, she got the idea to use the same set up for 'Girls'. Only ... she wants Lizzy in the picture."

Lizzy? Not only do I have to face Jake but I have to work with Lizzy, too?! The Creator must hate me! I could tell Vi was not happy about B's idea. "Hey, don't worry about it, Vi. I can deal with it. "


"Well, at least you'll have me and Jacq there to support you." I smiled. "I need to grab your dress from last night and pick up a file from my room." She turned to leave. "Do you want me to wait for you?" I asked. "Yea, I'll be quick!" She hollered as she sprinted into her room.

When we got to the studio, Vi went to help with setup and I went to find B. I walked in and overheard her conversation with Lizzy. "... a natural. Not many newbies score in the top 3 in their first competitions. And you have managed to do so in three rounds! I shall have the moeny you won direct deposited like you asked. But I really want you to try and stay in the background with today's shoot. Can you handle that?" Little darts of jealousy began to prick my skin. She has placed in each round?!

"Thanks, B. I will try to stay out of Lacey's spotlight ... for now. And again, I'm sorry about that little incident with Jake. We promise to be..."

Lizzy's voice trailed off when she saw me. B turned and saw that I was there. "Great, you're here. I'm ready to get started. Vi brought your dress from last night, I assume? I need you to get dolled up just as you were last night. I'm going to spin this story for the judges. And hopefully put enough silliness in the photo to calm the scandal you two have caused me."

"B, I am sorry.." B cut me off, as usual. "I've heard enough apologies. It's over and I don't want to hear any more about it. You two will act like professionals and Jake had better step up or he will find himself out of a job, as well. Get dressed, Lacey. I have to call Gill and see if he'll stand in as paparazzi in this shoot."

B walked off as she dialed her phone and hollered for Vi to check on Lizzy's dress.

As soon as she was out of ear shot, Lizzy started in on me. "You had better stay away from Jake. He's mine now and I don't need your little 'Poor Pitiful Me' routine making him feel guilty." Was she crazy? Did she really think I would try to get him back after all that I have learned about him?

"Lizzy, you're crazy! I don't know what you and Jake are planning, but I don't want any part of it. So just ... stay away from me"" Oh, it felt good to yell! I could tell I had shocked Lizzy. I took that opportunity to slip into wardrobe.

Things were chaotic for this shoot. Jacq had never modeled before. B was explaining things out to Vi and I was listening in, trying my best to ignore the looks Jake kept shooting at me.

"I heard you had a late night, last night. Did someone else warm your bed? Or am I still the only one with that privilege?" At Jake's soft words, Lizzy threw her hands over her face and moaned. "Stop it, Liz. " Jake hissed. "You should already be dressed. GO. Now!" I watched her obey him without question.

"So, I will assume that was a no." I watched that same smile cross his face. How could I have thought he was so charming? I cut my eyes at him and pretended to be listening to B. He stepped up behind me and whispered in my ear. "You might not like me now, but you know you love what I did to your body." He chuckled. The sound made goose bumps raise on my arms. Treacherous body! Thankfully, B clapped and told everyone to start taking their places.

It was mid-afternoon when we were finished. Lizzy left (Yay!)  while B, Jake, and Vi broke down the old set and got ready for the second. I swapped back into my regular clothes and went to greet the mother of our newest extra. I mentioned to Mrs Funke that I had a lot of experience with kids. She seemed eager for me to meet her little Carol.

Carol was as cute as a button and bald to boot. I think they had a wig for her to wear in the photo. I played with her for a little while so she would get used to me. I was going to be a mommy for the next shoot.


 

B called it done. She and Jake started talking about enhancements and nonediting stuff. So Jacq, Vi, and I escaped outside.

"That was demanding. I don't see why you do this, Lace." Jacq's words made Vi start to giggle. I sighed. "I don't see why either." I looked up towards the studio. Vi quit laughing and Jacq reached out to touch my arm.   
"Do you know what you need? A tatoo." I sent Jacq a look that clearly said she was crazy. She continued to try to convince me, "A little something tasteful on your back or your ankle. Small yet meaningful. Jake is a lesson in life and you should take notes." A tattoo? My family would flip! I was definitely not going to get a tattoo. Not in this lifetime. Never.

Why do I always give in?

My Tattoo Artist, Nikki, seemed very skilled. Although it was painful, there was only slight bleeding. It took close to two hours to get it done. I took a break between the outline and the coloring. The girls sat by me, either watching or flipping through magazines. Nikki put some goo and a gauze pad over it then gave me instructions on how to care for it. She told me it would look better when the swelling went down. I guess I would have to check it out in the morning.


1 comment:

  1. Eek! The picture of her dreaming is creepy & awesome!

    ReplyDelete