Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Night 19

We snuck around the garage to Derek's car. The paparazzi didn't even notice us until Derek started to pull onto the road. "Good riddance! How do stand being constantly followed all the time?" He asked me. "You kind of get used to it, I guess. I actually blew up at the guy tonight before I came to talk to you. But they don't mean any harm." He nodded. We sat in silence while he drove.

Video is from Derek's Point Of View!

....

"Where are we going, Derek?" It was really dark out! "To this little place I like to go when I come to Riverview. It's not far." As we walked, he asked me questions about my family and my life. We kept up a steady stream of chatter until I saw him turn off the sidewalk.

"Wait. We are getting off the path?" Derek turned around to face me. "Well, this is a path too. So technically, 'No', we are staying on the path." I started to chuckle. "Smart butt." By the time we came to a bridge, I was into the full story of Jake and me. I started to feel tears gather once again.

I was trying hard not to let the tears fall when Derek suddenly took my hand. "Crying is good for the soul. But you waste your tears. Jake isn't a man who would care about an Innocent's feelings." He tipped my chin up and I stared into his glowing eyes. "You would do well to guard your heart, Little One." I could feel the tension between us and it made me nervous. I pulled my hand from his and walked across the bridge.

I stared in awe at the tall stones standing in a perfect circle. Derek walked up behind me. "Amazing, isn't it?" I could only nod. As we walked around, he continued. "I am almost ... well, let's just say several centuries old. But this has been here since before me. In my life, I see a lot of things change. But this, it always remain." He seemed so sad when he spoke those words. I tried to lighten the mood.

"So you said all vamps have two abilities. To make someone think about you and to read minds. How does that work? Can you show me?" He smiled at me. "You want me to do my 'vamp tricks' for you?" Color flooded my face as he started to chuckle. "OK. Um, just relax."

Suddenly an image of Derek, sitting in a chair in what appeared to be a mansion, filled my mind! I stared at him in wonder. "Is that your home in Sunset Valley?" He nodded. "So, now ... the fun part." I still couldn't believe this was possible. But I tried to control my thoughts and not let them dwell on Derek.

Or on how handsome he looked in the moonlight. I still remembered the first time I saw him on the beach. I thought he had the most gorgeous eyes. And without his shirt on ... Yum. When he started to chuckle again, I realized he had been reading my mind the whole time. My face got extremely hot and I felt like I wanted to die!

"Thoughts like that can get you into some trouble, Lace." The way he said my name gave me goosebumps. Can attraction really be that contrary? Not but a few days ago, I was happily in love with Jake. Then I found out what a monster he was, and I hated him. But I still felt a pull towards him. Then Derek starts to show up in my dreams and now I have butterflies in my stomach from just being near him and ...

"I'm half-tempted to jump back into your mind just to see what is causing all those emotions to cross your face." Derek's words pulled me from my thoughts entirely. "I'm sorry, Derek. It's been a really difficult week. And ... well... you give me butterflies in my stomach! And Jake used to but then he didn't. But he does. Ah! It's so confusing."

Derek's look turned serious. "All I heard was that I give you butterflies in your stomach. Is that the I'm-about-to-throw-up butterflies or the please-let-him-kiss-me butterflies?" What to say? What to say?

I think my brain just exploded!

"So sweet. So innocent." He caressed my cheek. "Didn't I tell you to guard your heart?" He abruptly dropped his hand. "I think it would be best to head back to the house now." He turned and started walking back to the trail. What had happened? Why did he seem upset all of a sudden? 

I tried to have a conversation in the car but he would give me single syllable answers. I eventually gave up. He stopped outside the house but didn't park. "Aren't you coming inside?" He turned his head but kept a tight grip on the wheel. "I don't think that is a good idea. Things have already progressed farther than I intended." What did that mean? Did he regret kissing me?

I couldn't stop the pain as I watched him spin his car around. I heard him rev the engine as he gunned it down the road. Apparently, he couldn't get away from me fast enough!

After changing into my pj's, I began to berate myself. Creator, what's wrong with me? Jumping from one guy to the next! Am I really so desperate for attention? I felt a headache brewing so I went to the bathroom and grabbed a couple aspirin. Using the sink faucet, I swallowed three of them down. I turned off all the lights then went to bed.

Elsewhere in Riverview: 

"So this is Riverview?" Beau looks around with a sneer on his face. "Not much to it. But a decent enough place to start a dynasty." Evil laughter echoed in the night.

Beau: "Evening, ladies. Did you miss me?" (A chorus of female affirmations rings out.)
Bianca: "Why does Marina get the privilege of being first?"
Beau: "Because, My Pet, she made the first contact. But don't worry, there will be time for you yet." He enjoys a sinister laugh. "My plan is already in motion. I have but to sit by and enjoy the show."

No comments:

Post a Comment