Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 10

I had a hard time sleeping after my discussion with Momma and Daddy. But I was up early and on my way to meet B. She said she wanted a moment with me before the shoot began. I hope everything is alright.

I met her at this huge mansion. She said it was for a shoot she had planned for this afternoon. She then pulled me aside and said that both "Girls" and "Staged" had been judged. I got 3rd in "Girls"! That is two weeks in a row. AND she gave me another 5 grand?!

Then she told me I got 5th in "Staged". I was so bummed. I really thought that the laundry picture was a good one.

She explained the comments and how she agreed. She was placing most of the blame on Jake. He should have known better. She admitted that she barely glanced at his finished product before sending it in, as well. "I will make sure to scrutinize Jake's work a little better. Now, today you will do two shots: One at The Silver Inn and the other at this house here. You will be working with my good friend, Don, again. Let this roll off your back and give me some more good photos."

Vi had walked up in time to hear about "Staged". She gave me a hug. "Now, Lace, not every shot is gonna be a winner. Just remember YOU are the reason any of this is possible."

As B walked off, Vi asked about my conversation with my parents. I told her they had eventually agreed and I was now a free woman. "Great! Here is my address. I want you to come look at my townhouse tomorrow morning, bright and early. If you like how things are, you can start moving in before the weekend." Boy, I was excited!

B called Vi inside to check out some fabric or something. I went to follow but slowed when I noticed Jake on the porch. B came back out and interrupted them to start talking to the new girl.

Jake hopped down the stairs and sauntered over to me. "Hey, Cutie." He leaned in to give me a peck on the cheek. I held up my arm to prevent him. "Who was that?" He turned his head a little then shook his head. "Another newbie model. Like you. Her name is Lizzy and she is doing her first shoot today. It won't be until after yours though. Because you are high priority right now." I felt so foolish. Jake and I weren't even officially a couple and I was getting jealous of him talking to another model.

When he leaned in to kiss me again, I didn't stop him.When he pressed close to me, I could smell his soap and that mysterious scent that was Jake. "I'm going to be so busy today. What say you we ditch this charade tomorrow and go to Sunset Valley again for the next two days?" Oh, how romantic! Be practical.Be practical. Be practical.

"I can't. I promised Vi I would come look at her place." He looked startled for a second. "Vi?! You're moving in with Vi?" I was puzzled. "Yea. I am having a lot of trouble with my sister and she thought it would be a good idea for me to try out my wings." He looked relieved. "Oh. Wow, you had me going. So, no biggie. I'll just meet you at Vi's." I reached to give him her address but he said he already knew it. I was confused over their relationship but I wasn't sure I should ask. "Let's get to work." With that, the others came out and we all hopped into the different vehicles and headed to The Silver Inn.

When we showed up, Vi immediately rushed me off to wardrobe. I heard Don show up. I walk out to see Jake still trying to figure angles and lighting.

While Jake was instructing me on proper posing techniques, I heard Don ask B to the movies. I can't believe she agreed! He so doesn't seem her type. But it's not really my place to judge.

Jake went through several rolls of film before he declared it done. The extras were paid. Don and I changed into our new outfits. Then we loaded up once more and headed back to the big house B had rented.

And to my surprise, my family was there! B wanted a family backdrop for this shoot and had asked them to come and act natural. Mom made a salad for the crew. (Thank God she didn't want to "try" a new recipe!)

Jake once again pulled us aside and talked about facial expression and body language. We had to BE in love. We were a young couple getting engaged.



We worked a long time on this one. My cheeks had started to hurt from smiling. Maddy and the twins were getting whiny when Jake sighed and called it a day. He started to reach for me but I glanced nervously at my parents. He slightly shook his head and bid me goodnight.

"Wow, that Jake is intense. All that moving around with his camera and shouting orders. He makes ME tired. No wonder you sleep late all the time." At Momma's comment, I looked over and saw Jake had left already. I sighed. I was really going to have to tell my parents about him, some day. Daddy rounded up the the twins and Maddox. Junior was already sleeping in Daddy's truck! Marie had refused to come.

When we got home, Momma asked if I wanted to talk. I have always talked things out with her. Whenever I would get teased at school, flunk a test, or just have a bad day, I would talk to Momma. But this time, the words were just stuck. I laid on the sofa in my night clothes trying to think of the words to express my feelings about Jake, modeling, moving out ... but nothing would come. My mind started to wander. I closed my eyes just for a second ... 


  



2 comments: