Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 6

For the first couple of hours, we just drove in silence.

Suddenly, I started spilling every detail about my life. Violet quietly listened until I finally ran out of words.

That's when I noticed we were nearing the beach in Sunset Valley.

I sat back and wondered why I had told all those intimate details to Violet when I barely even knew her.

When Violet began to slow down, I realized the "little rental house" was actually more grand than I ever expected. Violet turned in and put the car in park. "We have to wait for Bordelinski to show with the keys. But there are some things I want to say to you. After everyone gets settled, meet up with me for a little chat, OK?" I agreed and we got out of the car.

We hadn't been waiting long before Bordelinski arrived in her Beamer.

Bordelinski was all dressed up! She told me she had just left a meeting for the "Girls" comp ... I tied for third! She handed me a check for five grand. "Just think what you'll get if you get first," B (Bordelinski's nickname)taunted. I laughed and spent a few minutes grasping the check. I started thinking about getting my own place.

Jake gave me a wink when I walked into the kitchen. "Midnight Waffles for the new star." I blushed thinking about how Marie had acted when we were taking those photos. "Don't sweat it," Jake told me when I apologized again. "You'll get your chance to have a meltdown tomorrow." I smiled. Jake had such a beautiful accent.

I changed into my pj's then met Violet on the terrace. We talked until almost morning. She said the photo shoot was scheduled for evening/night time so we had time. She gave me some great advice and we kicked some ideas around. When we decided to call it a night, I felt much better.

And since Bordelinski was staying for only the one night, she took the upstairs bedroom. With Jake taking the cot in the office, I offered to share my bedroom with Violet (or Vi as she asked me to call her). We slept until the afternoon. When the photo shoot began. 
I was working with two extras. Don I had met before but Derek was new. He didn't say much but smiled at me when he noticed me staring at him. He was gorgeous!
  I was surprised when Bordelinki walked out and took the camera from Jake. "Grab your guitar and get in there. You are just what this shot needs." Jake didn't argue. B even pushed Vi into the shoot.

B seemed torn but eventually she called it quits just as the sun was starting to rise. "I have another model to see to. I'll give you a ride back into Bridgeport, Don. Vi and Jake? Report to me in the city in two days. Lacey? Derek? You two are free to stay here. It's paid up till Sunday. I gotta get going."
When Don and B had left, the rest of us dropped. Jake took the cot again, Vi and I bunked together and let Derek take the upstairs room that B had been in. A whole weekend to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment