Monday, April 18, 2011

Days 7 & 8

Jake and I were the first ones awake. He offered to make an afternoon smoothie for us to drink.

He started talking about how intense B can get when she is looking for the right shot. He said he kept waiting for me to have a tantrum during the shoot. He was surprised at how well I held up under pressure.

He then started talking about cameras and techniques. I had no idea what he was talking about but I just LOVED to hear that accent!

When Vi and Derek woke up, we all decided to spend the day by the pool. I was having fun but Vi didn't come out until the sun was almost down. She tends to avoid the sun. I think it is because she has such pale skin and is afraid of getting burnt.

She and Jake were making jokes about each other and carrying on. She then got up and asked if I would join her in skinny dipping. SKINNY DIPPING?! As in, get naked in front of two guys I don't really know and one I have a crush on?! I thought, NO!NO!NO!

She told me to live a little and get out of my shell. I reluctantly agreed. We both stood on the edge of the pool. Together, we pulled off our bottoms and tossed our tops then quickly jumped in the pool!

Derek didn't really react although I think his eyebrows shot to the top of his head.

Jake, on the other hand, burst out laughing. He then swam over and started a splash war with Vi. I was still somewhat self conscious, so I stayed near the ladder. Derek got out to go ask the butler to fix some hot dogs for us. (I think he was a tiny bit embarrassed as well.)

When Jake got out too, I relaxed a little and started swimming around with Vi. Next thing I know, Vi is shrieking at Jake to put them down. I look over in time to see Jake scooping up our clothes and running with them!

Vi informed me that Jake is a big kidder and is always up to something. She suggested we go ahead and get out before Jake and Derek come back. We wrapped ourselves in the big white towels provided by the renters. Jake and Derek did come back ... with food. Vi and I looked at each other and shrugged. Might as well eat something

 Vi finished her hot dog and got up. She was off to meet a friend. Jake winked at her and said to tell her friend "Hi," for him.Vi stuck her tongue out and left. Derek eyed me then silently got up and headed in the side door. Funny, I think Jake was making gestures at him while I had my head turned.

Jake and I were alone. I got up to go find some clothes to put on when Jake asked me to relax in the hot tub with him. I gestured to the fact that I didn't have a bathing suit on and he just smiled. Holy Cow! Was I really going to do this? He was so cute and so worldly.

The sun was just starting to come up. And there I sat: naked in a hot tub with this handsome guy who was interested in me. Oh God, I hope my Momma and Daddy never find out!

But when he kissed me it was like the whole world fell away and it was just us two.

He tried to pressure me for a little more action, but I told him I just wasn't comfortable with it. I had never had a boyfriend before none the less been with a man! But I didn't tell HIM that. So we got out of the hot tub and he put on his shorts. As I wrapped myself in my towel, he caressed my cheek. Then he turned and went inside. My stomach was filled with butterflies. What if I hadn't stopped him?

I hated to see him and Vi leave for Bridgeport. Derek stood there as they left. I asked if he wanted to share my taxi to the airport but he just shook his head. He lived right here in Sunset Valley and had his friend coming to pick him up.

Just as I was about to climb into my taxi, Derek called out to me. I turned and looked at him. He looked at his toes then at me. "Just be careful, OK? Some people aren't what they seem." And with that, he headed back inside. What did he mean?



No comments:

Post a Comment