Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 13

This is it! Today is the day! I am moving out!

My morning musings were interrupted by a call from Vi. B had news from two competitions and wanted me onsite ASAP!

Everyone came out to see me off. "I'm moving into town, not out of town." Tracy thought that was funny. "Are you still coming to dinner on Sunday?" Maddy wanted to know. "Of course, silly. I'm not abandoning everyone." I tousled his hair.

I took one last look at the farm. I was torn between feelings of sadness and of great elation. But this wasn't getting me to the new studio ASAP.

As soon as I came out of wardrobe, B pounced on me. "Lacey! What took you so long? I had Violet call you almost two hours ago!" I tried to explain but she rushed on. "Doesn't matter. I have somewhere I have to be tonight and I want to get y'all started on the second set-up before I take off."

"First, 'Girls' comp. You tied for fourth. Which was great considering the other talent. But I think you could do better. These girls are fierce and you need to have that something that makes the judges notice you."

"Jake thought putting me in front and having..." B cut me off. "I am well aware of the direction Jake's thoughts are going." I quickly looked up. "I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't interfere with his work. Now the big news."

"You took first in 'Colours'!"

"Oh .. My .. Creator." I was dumb-founded. I never dreamed of actually placing first in any round of competition.

B continued, "First place comes with a three day, all-expense paid trip to France for you and a friend. The dates are flexible so you don't have to leave right away. Anywho. Congratulations. Great job. Now, let's get this show rolling."

I still had trouble believing it. Now, I had to decide who I wanted to take to France.

Violet had to throw on a bathing suit and join in. I told her she should be getting paid more for all the times she plays extras.


Theme: Dream Job

Derek was there too. He has that pale skin like Vi. "How are things going for you?" he asked me after the shoot.  "Great. I'm moving in with Vi today. And ... Jake and I are officially dating." I saw a look pass over his face. "Good to hear. Just ... take care." With that he grabbed his shirt and left.

I walked across the hall to wardrobe to get ready for the second shoot.

Jake slips in and I run into his arms for a quick embrace.

"This is killing me. I have got to have you soon."


He kisses me again. "Well, this weekend is free."

"The Watcher must be against me! I have to fly out of country tonight for a shoot in France on Saturday. I won't be back until Sunday evening." I thought about my free trip. No, it was too quick. How desperate would I look to go flying after Jake all the way to France.

"That's okay. Vi and I have plans to redo my bedroom. Maybe we can make plans for when you get back in the states." He nodded. "I'll call you when my plane lands."

I make it outside in time to see that other model, Lizzy, giggling with Jake! Be calm, stay calm. I watch as Jake pats her shoulder and looks over at me.

He takes my arm. "Hey, don't do that. I HAVE to talk to the models, Lace. You can't go getting jealous every time." I didn't realize my emotions were written so clearly on my face. 

"Besides, you know you're my little Drama Momma." He always makes me laugh.


Theme: Orange


"I feel so bad that I can't accompany two such lovely ladies home."

"How about dinner at the bistro when you get in?" He pulled me closer as Vi rolled her eyes and started towards the car. "Sounds ... delicious."

I made a note to ask Vi to bring her date so she wouldn't feel like a third wheel.












1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Lacey's win, hope she enjoys her trip to France.

    ReplyDelete