Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 5

Today is Madox's birthday! He will age into a child and start school with all his siblings.

I called a cake order in for him at the local grocer. I decided to get dressed and visit Daddy at the station before I picked it up.

It was such a sunny day! A perfect day for my little Maddy to age up.

When I got to the station, the emergency alarm started to go off!

I spoke with another lady on duty and she said it was just a small kitchen fire. I asked her to tell Daddy I had stopped by and that I left him a sandwich in the fridge in the lounge.

I was a little early but I headed to the grocery store anyway. As I was walking out, I got a call on my cell. It was from Violet.

The second assignment was in for "Girls". Bordelinski had rented a small place near the beach for the photo shoot. I relayed my plans for the birthday party. Violet didn't seem happy. She told me to call her first thing in the morning. She would come and pick me up.

I put the cake out on the counter when I got home then went in search of Madox.

Soon the house was full of guests. Even the twins had someone to talk to.

Somehow, I got stuck talking to the creepy dad of one of the guests. And Marie was flirting shamelessly with that vagrant, Justin Ortez!

Cake Time. Everyone was there to cheer Madox on ... everyone except Marie.

After giving Maddy a big hug, I went in search of Marie.

I caught her and Justin running out of mom and dad's room! Both were disheveled and bright red. It doesn't take the genius trait to figure out what they had been up to!










I started to berate her foolish judgement. Marie started in on me about how I'm just a goody-goody and just jealous because I have never had a boyfriend. Mom came over to calm us down but we were both just so mad at each other!

Momma let us hurl our insults until Marie called me a word that is NEVER used in our house. She sent her to our room to cool off.

I was almost in tears. I told Momma about Violet wanting me to spend a few days at the rental house by the beach and that I had decided to go ... tonight.

She thought it was a bad idea. That Marie and I should talk things out. But I don't think we can get past our differences. I told Momma I was going to start looking for my own place when I got back.

After I had packed and was waiting on the porch for Violet, Daddy and Momma came out. Daddy told me to be careful and to wait to make any big decisions. I guess Momma had told him about me getting my own place.

I agreed to wait. I gave both my parents a big hug then grabbed my bags and walked down the path to the gate. Violet grabbed my suitcase and asked if I was alright. I told her I didn't want to talk so we both got in and she started to drive away. It was real hard, but I didn't look back.


No comments:

Post a Comment